Wednesday, July 19, 2006

100th Post

This is the 100th post of Kathy I'm Lost... The vast majority of these have appeared since the grand re-opening in April. There have been well over 1200 hits since then, and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your continued readership.

Blogging is a much more conusming amusement than I thought. Sure, it's lived up to all of my expectations as far as feeding my insecurities and vanities go. It's been fun most days, a chore in others. I'm sure that's probably how it is to read, too. Still, it's emotionally involving despite...

I once wrote that Kathy I'm Lost is the closest thing I have to a journal. That may be true, but "close to a journal" is not a journal. There's a very sound reason for this--when I started blogging, I told my friends the address where they could read it. I know all but a couple of you. All of you know who I am. While many blogs are anonymous, this one--for all intents and purposes--is not.

Even though I've written from no fewer than ten different cities and at times as late/early as 5 in the morning, in my best moods and some pretty foul ones, I have yet to succumb to the confessional impulse that blogging immediately inspires. I have not yet blogged drunk. I have not yet written anything that I would not want my mother to read about--again, she has the address.

Anyway, I expect to keep this nice, safely distant persona for a long while. For now, I'm off to have a drink. I'm keeping my car keys, but I'm giving my computer to my brother.